Summer road trip 2010: San Francisco to Seattle.

Posted on 2:51 PM by
The Griswolds are on the road again!

Well, not quite. It's just my family piling into the car for yet another summer road trip. Yet while my husband isn't anything like Clark and would never crash the car through closed road barriers and sail us all through the air (we hope), there will certainly be some laughs on our trip with a 5- and 7-year-old riding in the backseat.
Last year, we traveled along the Mississippi River. The year before that we zipped along Route 66. This summer, we're driving I-5 from San Francisco to Seattle.
We've driven this stretch of highway many times. Typically, we're in a rush to get to my aunt and uncle's house. But on this vacation, we're taking it slow and spending nine days to cover over 800 miles.
We're excited about walking across the Sundial Bridge in Redding, visiting the Oregon Vortex where balls roll uphill, and strolling through the zoo in Portland. We want to stop at the fruit stands outside Sacramento and track down food carts in Portland, which supposedly dish up some yummy and cheap food.
Sound fabulous? Well, there's a catch. We're on a budget of $200 a day. This might sound like a lot to those who traveled around Europe on a shoestring budget, but keep in mind that our daily allotment must cover gas, lodging, attractions, and food.
How will we do it? Over the next week, I'll be telling you exactly how. I plan to share the good, the bad, and the ugly, and offer up practical tips on how you can travel on a budget. And I hope that you'll provide me with some guidance along the way. Know of a great place for cheap food in Sacto? Got a favorite roadside attraction along I-5 in Oregon? I'd love to hear about it.

4 comments:

link wheel said...

Took me time to learn all the feedback, however I actually enjoyed the article. It proved to be very useful to me and I am certain to all the commenters right here! It's at all times nice when you can not only be informed, but in addition engaged! I am sure you had joy penning this article. Anyway, in my language, there are usually not a lot good supply like this.

sim so dep said...

I was wondering if you want to be a visitor poster on my web site? and in trade you possibly can include a hyperlink your publish? Please reply whenever you get an opportunity and I will send you my contact particulars - thanks. Anyway, in my language, there usually are not much good supply like this.

sim so dep said...

I was wondering if you want to be a visitor poster on my web site? and in trade you possibly can include a hyperlink your publish? Please reply whenever you get an opportunity and I will send you my contact particulars - thanks. Anyway, in my language, there usually are not much good supply like this.

so dep said...

Howdy, i read your weblog occasionally and that i personal an identical one and i was just wondering should you get numerous spam feedback? If so how do you forestall it, any plugin or something you possibly can advise? I get a lot currently it's driving me mad so any help may be very a lot appreciated. Anyway, in my language, there aren't a lot good supply like this.