60 Healthy Airplane Snacks

Posted on 11:51 AM by
Fruits > candies. Sweet little alphabet found here

When it comes to family trips, this isn't my first rodeo, and I like to think I have the prep-work down to a science. But I have to confess, between packing suitcases, repacking suitcases, scrounging around for missing flip-flops, remembering to charge everyone's electronics, and triple-checking tickets, something usually gets left for last minute, which means, of course, that it doesn't happens. Too often, it's figuring out what to bring for the all-important airplane snacking, which leaves us spending half our kids' college fund on M&M's and Chex Mix in airport convenience stores. 

No more! I just came across Dotting The Map's list of, read it, 60 TSA-friendly and oh-so-healthy airplane food ideas, and I'm printing it out to bring to the grocery store before our next trip. She's included loads of simple, delicious, not-too-messy snacks - string cheese, apple slices, dried apricots, mini rice cakes - as well as some tricks I'd never have thought of: want to keep something cold? Just pack it next to frozen yogurt sticks. Genius!

Check out her full list here, and if you have any airplane-friendly snacks to add, leave them below in the comments. 

0 comments: