Have you heard of the Isles of Scilly?

Posted on 8:58 AM by
Until recently the Isles of Scilly were unknown to the average person. But now thanks to some royal wedding buzz this collection of British islands just 28 miles off the coast of Cornwall are suddenly in the spotlight. Rumor has it that Prince William and Kate Middleton might be honeymooning here, and now the destination's tourism Web site is busier than ever, according to USA Today.

Here's what travelers might want to know about these islands:
  • One-hundred forty islands make up this little archipelago, but only five are inhabited. The total population being 2,000.
  • St. Mary's is the largest island and the most popular with tourists.
  • The islands enjoy a balmy subtropical climate thanks to the Gulf Stream that passes by.
  • You'll find the most glorious beaches in England here.
  • Bird-watching, boating, beach-going, hiking, snorkeling, and golfing are all popular activities.
  • Jude Law has described the Islands as "the best place on earth."
Want to go?

4 comments:

link wheel said...

Completely understand what your stance on this matter. Although I'd disagree on a number of the finer details, I think you probably did an awesome job explaining it. Certain beats having to analysis it on my own. Thanks. Anyway, in my language, there aren't much good source like this.

linkwheel said...

There are definitely a lot of details like that to take into consideration. That may be a great point to deliver up. I supply the ideas above as normal inspiration however clearly there are questions just like the one you deliver up where an important thing can be working in trustworthy good faith. I don?t know if greatest practices have emerged around issues like that, but I am sure that your job is clearly identified as a fair game. Anyway, in my language, there are usually not much good source like this.

so dep said...

Hello, I saw a 3 of your attention-grabbing posted posts and wished to ask if you happen to would be concerned with reciprocal pages? Team have blog about alexis texas ass! Anyway, in my language, there usually are not a lot good source like this.

sim so dep said...

I was going to write a similar blog concerning this topic, you beat me to it. You did a nice job! Thanks and I well add your RSS to our blogs. Thanks so much, Jon B.