Book holiday awards travel now—as in today, this minute!

Posted on 6:56 AM by
Clock
My husband and I have been accruing United miles for the past three years. Our plan was to use the miles to take our two kids to China this summer but then I got pregnant and we scrapped those plans. China with a one-month-old didn't seem like a wise idea.

What to do with all the miles? Two kids and a baby? A family that hasn't been on a tropical vacation in four years? Maui at Thanksgiving!

My husband and kids loved the idea and we found out that another family we know already had reservations.

I decided to call United, crossing my fingers that miles seats would be available, as I know Thanksgiving is one of the busiest times to travel.

We were in luck! This morning I scored four United miles tickets to Maui. I had to pay 80,000 miles each, but it would cost me $1300 to purchase those same tickets. And the flights aren't perfect. Our return flight is a Monday night red eye. But I'm happy because we have a relaxing family vacation to look forward to!

The lesson: You can still score those holiday flights with miles but you need to book now.

0 comments: