Planes, Trains & Automobiles Day 5: Disneyland

Posted on 9:39 AM by
The Rundown

Arrive Disneyland: 8:30 a.m. (park opens at 8 a.m.)
Depart for motel swimming pool break: 3:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Return to Disneyland: 6 p.m. (We catch the parade at 6:30 p.m.; kids love it!)
Leave Disneyland: 9 p.m.
Total hours in park: 10 hours (A full day of fun!)

Photo of the day: The kids meet Mickey!
Quotes of the day:

My 4-year-old son says, "I love Mickey Mouse! I love Mickey Mouse! When I grow up I want to be Mickey Mouse!"

My 6-year-old daughter says, "Mommy I don't think that was really Mickey Mouse. I think it was someone dressed up in a costume. But I think it would have been mean if I said, 'You're not really Mickey Mouse.'"

High point of the day:
Our first ride is It's A Small World, which was re-opened a month ago after a major refresh. The kids love it! They're smiling. They're happy. They're singing. I'm transported to my childhood. This was also my first Disneyland ride.

Low point of the day: It's A Small World is my kids favorite ride. We end up going on it four times. I fear the song will forever be running through my head.

Expenses

  • $94 one adult park hopper ticket
  • $168 two child park hopper tickets (Ouch! It's pricey)
  • $13.25 breakfast, Riverbelle Terrace, one order pancakes and eggs to split between the three of us, orange juice
  • $7.25 snack, Main St. Fruit Cart, fruit salad and two orange juices
  • $17.38 lunch, Cucamonga Cocina, one child's burrito to split between kids and chicken tacos for mom
  • $3 cotton candy
  • $21 dinner, Pizza Port, three slices pizza
  • $28 souvenirs, stuffed Marie cat from Aristocrats, Star Wars figurines (Thank you grandma for giving kids money to pay for these!)
  • $99 hotel, Best Western Anaheim Inn

Total expenses: $450.88

2 comments:

Meghan said...

Sounds like a fun day Amy! The kids look so happy

Anonymous said...

this brings back such memories...rite of passage...i asked my mom to take me to see mickey in the castle, and she said he was sleeping ...then my brother punched grump in the nose