Do MacBook Airs need to come out of your bag when passing through airport security?

Posted on 9:16 PM by
My laptop is on its last legs, and I've got my eye on the MacBook Air. It's light and slim--and seems like the perfect travel companion. And I've wondered if you even need to take it out of your bag when passing through airport security. I found an answer to this question on the Transportation Security Administration blog:
...Electronic items smaller than the standard sized laptop (including e-readers, netbooks, tablets, personal DVD players, etc) do not need to be removed from your bag or their cases. So with those rules in mind, the 11” model of the MacBook Air is fine to leave in your bag, and the 13” model must be removed prior to X-ray screening.

7 comments:

Matt said...

Wouldn't it be great if the TSA read the TSA blog? I have never been through a security line in the US or abroad that did not make me take out my iPad and kindle and laptop.

jb said...

And what exactly is a "standard sized laptop"? TSA doesn't define it, leaving it open to (misinterpretation by the TSOs.

link wheel said...

Hey cool blog, just questioning what anti-spam software you use for feedback because i get lots on my blog. Anyway, in my language, there should not much good supply like this.

linkwheel said...

I was questioning what is up with that bizarre gravatar??? I know 5am is early and I'm not wanting my finest at that hour, however I hope I do not seem like this! I'd nonetheless make that face if I am requested to do a hundred pushups. lol Anyway, in my language, there should not much good source like this.

linkwheel said...

Please inform me it labored right? I dont want to sumit it once more if i should not have to! Either the weblog glitced out or i am an idiot, the second option doesnt shock me lol. thanks for an amazing blog! Anyway, in my language, there are usually not a lot good supply like this.

so dep said...

I've been trying to Acquire access to this web site for a while. I used to be utilizing IE then after I tried Firefox, it labored just fine? Just wished to deliver this to your attention. That is really good blog. I've a bunch myself. I actually admire your design. I know that is off matter but,did you make this design yourself,or buy from somewhere? Anyway, in my language, there should not much good source like this.

sim so dep said...

Completely perceive what your stance on this matter. Although I would disagree on some of the finer particulars, I believe you did an superior job explaining it. Certain beats having to research it on my own. Thanks. Anyway, in my language, there aren't a lot good supply like this.