TSA pats down a screaming 3-year-old: Has airport security gone too far?

Posted on 7:48 AM by
I'm all for airport security but I'm afraid the TSA went too far when they accosted a 3-year-old at an airport in Tennessee. Three-year-old Mandy Simon (pictured) got upset when she was forced to put her teddy bear through the X-ray machine. And then when she walked through the metal detector she kept setting it off. This led TSA workers to demand a pat down.

Mandy screamed, yelled and kicked--and her father, Steve Simon, who happens to be a news report took video footage with his phone and later did a news segment. Watch the video.

What do you think? Did the TSA go too far with this one?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't see any issue with this. The reason we go through this ordeal is to try to ensure that explosives and weapons don't get on the plane. A bomb or weapon is as likely to be strapped to a child as it is to the parent. I think the parent should be partially to blame for not working with the TSA to calm the child and get the inspection done quietly. Way too much is being made of this.

Anonymous said...

Video has been pulled b/c of copyright claims (guessing the reporter's employer, maybe).

Anyway, yes. The TSA is going too far. And it saddens me that my girls will not get to fly when they are young b/c I refuse to put them through such madness.

link wheel said...

Please tell me it worked proper? I dont need to sumit it once more if i should not have to! Either the weblog glitced out or i'm an idiot, the second option doesnt shock me lol. thanks for an excellent weblog! Anyway, in my language, there are usually not a lot good source like this.

linkwheel said...

I was wondering should you can be fascinated about changing into a guest poster on my weblog? and in trade you could possibly put a link the submit? Please let me know once you get a chance and I will send you my contact particulars - thanks. Anyway, in my language, there should not a lot good source like this.

so dep said...

I was questioning what's up with that weird gravatar??? I do know 5am is early and I am not wanting my greatest at that hour, however I hope I do not appear like this! I would however make that face if I'm requested to do one hundred pushups. lol Anyway, in my language, there are not much good source like this.

sim so dep said...

I want to say that after reading your post I have found so many interesting thing in your blog and I really love that. Keep up the good work!