London with kids: Eating out

Posted on 3:08 PM by
In London it's not unusual for kids to eat out in restaurants--and they're generally welcomed with special menus, coloring books, and smiles.

Here are three chains with locations throughout the city that offer a family-friendly environment while also dishing up good food at fair prices.

Wagamama: Asian inspired noodles are the specialty at this hip chain of restaurants known for its family-style dining experience with people gathering around long farm tables. Kids get their own set of special chopsticks for chowing down on a pile of noodles tossed with grilled chicken breast, sweet corn, and shredded carrots, and a citrus yakitori sauce. Parents might want something with a little more spice such as the Chili Ramen, a steaming bowl of noodles, tender beef sirloin, been sprouts, spring onions, and chillies.

Carluccio's: Step inside one of these noisy Italian cafes with fashionable decor and you'd never guess it's a chain with over 30 locations throughout London. The menu offers classic dishes (roasted sardines, homemade ravioli, tiramisu) prepared simply with fresh ingredients. Kids get their own mini cardboard puzzle to color and assemble, an activity book, and a menu featuring dishes such as penne with tomato sauce and breadcrumb-crusted chicken breast.

Pizza Express: This isnt Pizza Hut or Domino's. The cooks at these restaurants pull bubbling, blister thin-crust pizzas that you'd expect to find in Northern Italy from the oven. Try the Soho pie topped with tomato, olives, garlic oil, and fresh arugula, or the Sloppe Giuseppe with hot sliced beer, red onions, and green peppers. And of course there are tamer choices--i.e. cheese pizza--for children outlined on a special menu that's adorned with all sorts of games and puzzles.

4 comments:

link wheel said...

I was looking for crucial data on this subject. The information was vital as I'm about to launch my very own portal. Thanks for providing a missing hyperlink in my business. Anyway, in my language, there aren't a lot good source like this.

linkwheel said...

Hey cool weblog, just questioning what anti-spam software program you employ for feedback as a result of i get heaps on my blog. Anyway, in my language, there usually are not a lot good source like this.

so dep said...

There are actually plenty of details like that to take into consideration. That may be a great level to convey up. I provide the thoughts above as general inspiration but clearly there are questions like the one you deliver up where crucial factor will likely be working in honest good faith. I don?t know if finest practices have emerged round things like that, but I'm sure that your job is clearly identified as a good game. Anyway, in my language, there are usually not a lot good source like this.

sim so dep said...

I would like to Thanks for the informative post. I really appreciate it. I hope that I can get more benefit from Important blog.