London with kids: Victoria and Albert Museum

Posted on 4:27 AM by
It's easy to get lost among the maze of rooms spread over seven levels in London's Victoria and Albert Museum. That's actually what makes this place recognized as the finest decorative arts museum in the world so fun for kids.

My 7-year-old daughter initially visited the museum with her grandparents, while we were staying in London for a family reunion over the holidays. They spent an hour wandering the galleries (seeing Coco Chanel's original "little black dress" and the "Great Bed of Ware" mentioned in Shakespeare's Twelfth Night) and finally came upon an exhibit dedicated to the work of children's author Beatrix Potter. My Dad tells me that he read Peter Rabbit to my daughter while she followed along with the original illustrations.

I brought my daughter back to the museum the next day, and she was determined to lead the way back to the Potter exhibit.

Now, my daughter actually has a keen sense of direction, but she couldn't find that exhibit. At first this was frustrating for her, but she quickly realized that it was exciting to be lost, or as she described it as if "it's like a real adventure." After two hours (I kid you not), we eventually found ourselves lost in a gallery with 20-foot statues peering down at us, and that's when we finally asked for directions. We slipped through a "secret passageway" into a bright gallery with Potter's charming, adorable illustrations of Peter taunting old Mr. McGregor. At last, we found the treasure.

4 comments:

link wheel said...

I've to say, I dont know if its the clashing colors or the bad grammar, but this blog is hideous! I mean, I dont wish to sound like a know-it-all or anything, but might you will have probably put slightly bit extra effort into this subject. Its really interesting, but you dont characterize it well at all, man. Anyway, in my language, there are usually not a lot good supply like this.

linkwheel said...

Your weblog is fine. I just wish to comment on the design. Its too loud. Its doing way an excessive amount of and it takes away from what youve received to say --which I feel is basically important. I dont know if you happen to didnt suppose that your phrases could maintain everyones attention, however you had been wrong. Anyway, in my language, there aren't a lot good source like this.

so dep said...

Thanks for the smart critique. Me & my neighbour had been getting ready to do a little analysis about that. We got a superb e book on that matter from our local library and most books where not as influensive as your information. I'm very glad to see such data which I used to be searching for an extended time.This made very glad! Anyway, in my language, there will not be a lot good source like this.

sim so dep said...

I like the article you wrote. It has lot of information.Your post is knowledgeable things and had good contain.I like , way you wrote in it.I like the article you wrote. It has lot of information.Your post is knowledgeable things and had good contain.I like , way you wrote in it.