London with kids: Kensington Gardens

Posted on 5:09 AM by

Author J.M. Barrie of Peter Pan fame lived blocks from London's Kensington Gardens, and he frequently walked his St. Bernard along its winding paths.

One day, and for many days after, he met the Davies children, George, Jack, and baby Peter, and their nanny. He entertained the children by wiggling his ears, and he liked to spin imaginative yarns about baby brother flying through the gardens. Barrie said babies were birds before they were born, and parents put bars on nursery windows to keep the little ones from flying away.

From this, Peter Pan was born...and in the gardens there's a statue of the boy with baby teeth in a leafy glen. For any family traveling to London, getting a photo in front of the statue is a must.

There's also a Peter Pan themed playground (built in memory of Princess Diana) with a pirate ship surrounded by a sand beach, a tree house with walkways and ramps, and Lost Boys teepees.

4 comments:

link wheel said...

I've been trying to Achieve access to this website for a while. I used to be using IE then when I tried Firefox, it labored just high-quality? Just wished to bring this to your attention. This is really good blog. I have a bunch myself. I actually admire your design. I know this is off subject however,did you make this design yourself,or buy from someplace? Anyway, in my language, there aren't a lot good source like this.

linkwheel said...

Took me time to learn all the comments, but I actually loved the article. It proved to be very helpful to me and I'm positive to all of the commenters here! It is all the time good when you cannot solely be told, but in addition engaged! I'm certain you had joy scripting this article. Anyway, in my language, there usually are not a lot good source like this.

so dep said...

Sources like the one you talked about right here will probably be very useful to me! I will submit a link to this web page on my blog. I am sure my guests will discover that very useful. Large thanks for the useful data i discovered on Domain Information Anyway, in my language, there aren't much good supply like this.

sim so dep said...

People should know that some changes are in our lifestyle can save the earth. Everyone say that pollution and global warming is increasing day by day but nobody don't do anything to stop it.