California Tourism launches new Web site

Posted on 8:34 PM by

Yelp, Chowhound, and TripAdvisor—These Web sites are hugely popular with travelers because they offer up insider advice through the highly opinionated (and entertaining) content developed by their readers. Want to eat at the best taco stand in San Diego? On Chowhound, for example, you can read a long string of posts from readers who have sampled and reviewed all the tacos in the area.

Now the California Tourism Bureau is offering travelers a Web site where they'll find similar content. Friday Fives (www.CaliforniaFives.com) is meant to be a place where you can track down tips on what to see and do in the Golden State from locals in the know.

The site features lists of fives revolving around topics, which are as broad as California’s five best beaches and as narrow as the five preferred wines in Sonoma County. The lists are submitted by readers and others have the opportunity to rank someone else’s California Fives (giving it the appropriate stars), or provide their own twist on a subject.

The site launched with a few lists from well-known Californians. You'll find Slanted Door owner Charles Phan's list of top five favorite California markets and Surfrider Foundation CEO Jim Moriarty's favorite surf spots for beginners. I submitted a list of my favorite family friendly restaurants in San Francisco. You can find it by clicking here.

3 comments:

link wheel said...

Daniel, yea I can see what you did there. I actually liked that part, however hehe I'm not that harsh like my dad with these things. He all the time tells me loopy tales again within the day and calls me a loser. I suppose it is time I move out of my dad and mom' basement LOL. Aaanyways, what about you? what does your dad suppose xD" Anyway, in my language, there aren't much good source like this.

so dep said...

Took me time to learn all of the comments, however I actually enjoyed the article. It proved to be very helpful to me and I'm certain to all of the commenters right here! It is all the time nice when you can't only be informed, but in addition engaged! I'm positive you had joy writing this article. Anyway, in my language, there will not be much good source like this.

linkwheel said...

Thank you for the wise critique. Me & my neighbour have been getting ready to do a little analysis about that. We received an excellent guide on that matter from our local library and most books where not as influensive as your information. I am very glad to see such information which I used to be searching for a protracted time.This made very glad! Anyway, in my language, there aren't a lot good source like this.