Sometimes it pays to check the bags

Posted on 8:56 PM by
I was so excited when I saw the bottles of Tupelo honey for sale at a store in Savannah, Ga.

Some say Tupelo Honey, produced in the South, is the "gold standard" by which all other honey are measured. My husband was doing some work in Florida a few years ago and picked up a jar. For weeks hee spread it on his toast every morning for breakfast.

I immediately bought a bottle--I had found a Christmas gift for a man who is nearly impossible to shop for. Eureka!

Back at the hotel, I stuffed the honey into my suitcase. I couldn't wait to wrap it at home and put it under the tree.

Well, the honey never made it home because I carried on my bag--trying to avoid the $15 fee for checking it. When I passed through security the honey showed up in an x-ray. I had completely forgotten about the liquid rule (you can carry only 3-counce containers of liquid or gel on the plane.)

The security worker pulled the honey out of the bag. "You can't take this on the plane," she said.

"That would have been a great gift!" said my husband, who was practically drooling.

I paid $15 for the honey so I should have checked my bag--cheaper than ordering another bottle online. But at that point it was too late. Our plane was at the gate and there was no time to check our bag and then go back through security. My effort to avoid the baggage fee backfired.

5 comments:

Amy @ The Q Family said...

OH.. So sorry about that. It must be hard to part with that bottle.

link wheel said...

Please inform me it labored proper? I dont wish to sumit it again if i would not have to! Either the blog glitced out or i'm an idiot, the second option doesnt shock me lol. thanks for an ideal blog! Anyway, in my language, there are not much good source like this.

sim so dep said...

Really appreciate this post. It?s hard to sort the good from the bad sometimes, but I think you?ve nailed it!

so dep said...

Howdy, i learn your weblog occasionally and that i own an analogous one and i used to be simply wondering for those who get numerous spam feedback? In that case how do you forestall it, any plugin or anything you may advise? I get a lot recently it is driving me mad so any help could be very a lot appreciated. Anyway, in my language, there are not a lot good source like this.

linkwheel said...

Sources like the one you talked about right here can be very useful to me! I'll put up a hyperlink to this web page on my blog. I'm positive my visitors will find that very useful. Massive thanks for the helpful info i found on Domain News Anyway, in my language, there will not be a lot good supply like this.