Fall train trips

Posted on 10:42 AM by
USA Today put together a roundup of 10 train trips that take you through leafy landscapes. Here are three and read the full story to find out about all 10.
Cumbres & Toltec Scenic Railroad
Chama, N.M.
America's highest and longest steam narrow-gauge railroad starts in northern New Mexico, and climbs over a 10,000-foot pass, covering 64 miles before ending in Antonito, Colo. "You've got tremendous steep grades and you can hear the chugging," Heimburger says. "You almost feel like you're in the engineer's seat, struggling your way up these mountains." 877-890-2737; cumbrestoltec.com
Western Maryland Scenic Railroad
Cumberland, Md.
The 32-mile route through rugged Appalachian scenery passes through the Narrows, a mountain cut that was once a gateway to the West. When the train arrives in Frostburg, Md., passengers can watch the locomotive rotating on a turntable for the trip back. It's located about 140 miles northwest of Washington, D.C. 800-872-4650; wmsr.com
Napa Valley Wine Train
Napa, Calif.
This train combines three of Napa's world-famous attributes: wine, food and scenery. The three-hour, 36-mile route attracts 100,000 passengers a year, who are drawn by on-board white tablecloth dining and regional wine tastings. "It's a great experience, something you won't forget," Heimburger says. 800-427-4124; winetrain.com
Read the full story

6 comments:

link wheel said...

Howdy, i learn your weblog occasionally and that i own a similar one and i was just wondering if you get loads of spam feedback? If that's the case how do you forestall it, any plugin or anything you possibly can advise? I get a lot lately it's driving me mad so any help may be very a lot appreciated. Anyway, in my language, there usually are not a lot good supply like this.

linkwheel said...

Glorious info here. This interesting put up made me smile. Perhaps should you throw in a few footage it'll make the whole thing extra interesting. Anyway, in my language, there are not much good supply like this.

so dep said...

Daniel, yea I can see what you did there. I actually favored that part, however hehe I'm not that harsh like my dad with these things. He always tells me crazy stories again within the day and calls me a loser. I guess it is time I transfer out of my parents' basement LOL. Aaanyways, what about you? what does your dad think xD" Anyway, in my language, there should not much good source like this.

sim so dep said...

I was wondering what's up with that bizarre gravatar??? I know 5am is early and I am not looking my best at that hour, but I hope I do not appear to be this! I'd however make that face if I am asked to do a hundred pushups. lol Anyway, in my language, there will not be much good source like this.

sim so dep said...

I was wondering what's up with that bizarre gravatar??? I know 5am is early and I am not looking my best at that hour, but I hope I do not appear to be this! I'd however make that face if I am asked to do a hundred pushups. lol Anyway, in my language, there will not be much good source like this.

linkwheel said...

Glorious info here. This interesting put up made me smile. Perhaps should you throw in a few footage it'll make the whole thing extra interesting. Anyway, in my language, there are not much good supply like this.