Kids are cuckoo for zip lines

Posted on 9:50 AM by
On a recent summer camping trip, the kids and I stopped by Kirkwood Ski Resort in the California Sierra Nevada. Over summer, the resorts ski slopes become mountain biking and hiking trails and they lure in families with fun activities such as climbing walls and zip lines.

My kids were instantly drawn to the zip line and if there weren't a long line of families waiting to try it we would have gone for a ride.

A recent article in USA Today highlights the top 10 zip lines across America. Here's a rundown of the first three...read more for all 10.
Hocking Hills Canopy Tours
Rockbridge, Ohio
This course about an hour southeast of Columbus is one of the busiest in the country, attracting guests from across the region. The canopy tour includes 10 ziplines, passing over a cave, forest and river. The new Super Zip course lets you zoom along at speeds of up to 50 mph in a prone "superhero flying" position, Smith says. 740-385-9477; hockinghillscanopytours.com
Kapalua Adventures
Lahaina, Hawaii
This Maui installation is one of the country's largest and most spectacular zipline tours, Smith says. Some segments stretch more than 2,000 feet. "This one has breathtaking panoramic views, and because the runs are so long, you have time to look out at the landscape and the ocean," he says. "It's a real thrill ride." 808-665-3753; kapaluaadventures.com
Captain Zipline
Salida, Colo.
Guests literally fling themselves off a canyon edge on this central Colorado tour. "When you step off those cliffs, it's a pretty awesome feeling," Smith says. "Your feet are still running while you're in the air." And the landing is just as spectacular. "You come into this ball-bearing-type gravel, and you put your feet down and come to a Fred Flintstone-type stop." 877-947-5463; captainzipline.com

3 comments:

link wheel said...

I was more than happy to seek out this site.I wanted to thank you for this nice read!! I definitely having fun with each little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post. Anyway, in my language, there usually are not a lot good source like this.

so dep said...

Wonderful learn, I simply handed this onto a colleague who was doing a little analysis on that. And he really purchased me lunch as a result of I discovered it for him smile So let me rephrase that: Thanks for lunch! Anyway, in my language, there usually are not much good source like this.

sim so dep said...

Took me time to read all the comments, however I really loved the article. It proved to be very useful to me and I'm positive to all of the commenters here! It's all the time good when you can't only learn, but in addition engaged! I am certain you had joy penning this article. Anyway, in my language, there aren't much good source like this.