Travel pro Peter Greenberg offers up Labor Day tips

Posted on 9:47 AM by
My favorite travel expert Peter Greenberg offers up some tips on last-minute Labor Day travel over at CBS News:
Despite all the obstacles they're facing, AAA recently projected that the number of Americans traveling this Labor Day holiday weekend will increase nearly 10 percent from 2009, with approximately 34.4 million travelers taking a trip at least 50 miles away from home.

First, there's the breaking news about Hurricane Earl. The storm traveled across northeastern Caribbean on Monday, and became a Category 4 as it heads toward the U.S. The Category 4 storm is not expected to make landfall, but is expected to swipe North Carolina late Thursday and travel up the East Coast on Friday and Saturday.

The hurricane was officially "named" by the National Hurricane Center on Sunday, August 29. That means, in many cases, travel insurance policies must have been purchased on or before Saturday, August 28 for covered benefits to apply.

If you purchased travel insurance, read your policy carefully to see what is covered. If your flight is canceled, your resort is deemed uninhabitable, or your airport is closed, you're probably covered. But if you can get to your destination and you have a terrible time due to rain and winds, chance are you're not covered.
Read the full story

4 comments:

link wheel said...

I used to be questioning if you would like to be a visitor poster on my web site? and in trade you may embody a hyperlink your post? Please reply when you get an opportunity and I will send you my contact particulars - thanks. Anyway, in my language, there aren't much good source like this.

linkwheel said...

I was wondering should you can be fascinated about changing into a guest poster on my weblog? and in trade you could possibly put a link the submit? Please let me know once you get a chance and I will send you my contact particulars - thanks. Anyway, in my language, there should not a lot good source like this.

so dep said...

Improbable submit! This could aid a number of individuals discover out about this matter. Do you want to incorporate video clips together with these? It may undoubtedly assist out. Your motive was spot on and owing to you; I in all probability will not have to describe everything to my pals. I can merely direct them here. Anyway, in my language, there should not a lot good source like this.

sim so dep said...

Your weblog is fine. I just want to touch upon the design. Its too loud. Its doing manner an excessive amount of and it takes away from what youve bought to say --which I think is basically important. I dont know in case you didnt suppose that your words might hold everyones attention, however you had been wrong. Anyway, in my language, there are not much good supply like this.