The best ice cream parlors ever

Posted on 9:05 AM by
I scream! You scream! We all scream for ice cream!

Summer isn't over yet! There's still time to treat your family to a cool treat.

USA Today put together a roundup of our country's best ice cream parlors. They asked local travel experts to name one great ice cream shop in each state and the District of Columbia. Here's a sampling of the top 50, and click here for the full story.

Alabama

Founded in 1985 as a roadside fruit stand, Peach Park in Clanton developed such a following of its homemade ice cream, flavored with fresh Chilton County peaches, that had co-owner Frances Gray burning more than a little midnight oil to keep up with demand. Now a full-scale operation selling preserves, from-scratch fried pies and BBQ, it's one of the best Interstate 65 pit stops. 2300 7th St. South.; 205-755-2065; peachpark.net
Recommended by Kim Cross, travel editor, Southern Living magazine

Alaska

Among the homemade flavors that light up patrons' faces at Hot Licks Homemade Ice Cream in Fairbanks is Aurora Borealis raspberry and blueberry pures swirled into super-premium vanilla ice cream. 3453 College Rd. (seasonal) and Chena Pump Plaza; 907-479-7813
Recommended by the Alaska magazine staff

Arkansas

When things heat up in Hot Springs, the locals cool off at Dolce Gelato. Located in a busy shopping center in Arkansas' Spa City rather than on a cobblestone street, Dolce Gelato serves up 36 flavors of house-made Italian ice cream. Try the raspberry. 228 Cornerstone Blvd., Hot Springs; 501-525-6580
Recommended by Libby Smith, travel editor, Arkansas Democrat-Gazette

Arizona

Salted butter caramel, cheese-course duo and honey lavender aren't your standard flavors, but Sweet Republic believes ice cream is a reflection of our unique personalities. The Scottsdale establishment uses all-natural, farm-fresh ingredients, so there's no need to feel guilty about your sweet indulgence. Even tried-and-true vanilla and chocolate fans will feel they've entered a whole new flavor galaxy. 9160 E. Shea Blvd.; 480-248-6979; sweetrepublic.com
Recommended by Robin Sewell, executive producer and host of Arizona Highways Television

4 comments:

link wheel said...

I was very happy to seek out this site.I wanted to thank you for this great learn!! I undoubtedly enjoying every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post. Anyway, in my language, there aren't a lot good supply like this.

linkwheel said...

Have you ever ever thought-about including more videos to your blog posts to keep the readers more entertained? I imply I simply learn by way of your complete article of yours and it was quite good but since I'm more of a visible learner,I discovered that to be more helpful effectively let me know the way it seems! I love what you guys are all the time up too. Such clever work and reporting! Keep up the nice works guys I've added you guys to my blogroll. This is a nice article thanks for sharing this informative information.. I will visit your blog usually for some latest post. Anyway, in my language, there will not be a lot good supply like this.

so dep said...

Excellent information here. This attention-grabbing publish made me smile. Possibly when you throw in a couple of footage it's going to make the entire thing more interesting. Anyway, in my language, there should not much good source like this.

sim so dep said...

There are certainly numerous details like that to take into consideration. That is a great point to bring up. I offer the ideas above as general inspiration but clearly there are questions like the one you convey up where a very powerful factor might be working in honest good faith. I don?t know if finest practices have emerged round issues like that, however I am certain that your job is clearly identified as a fair game. Anyway, in my language, there will not be a lot good supply like this.