The muppets take Pennsylvania

Posted on 12:19 PM by
Jim Hensons Fantastic World, Through November 29 James A. Michener Art Museum, Doylestown, PA

Without "fences" to limit where his imagination could roam, Jim Henson (1936-1990)—artist, puppeteer, film director and producer—created elaborate imaginary worlds filled with unique characters, objects, environments and even languages and cultures. Jim Henson's Fantastic World, an exhibition from the Smithsonian Institution Traveling Exhibition Service (SITES) and the Jim Henson Legacy, offers a rare peek into the imagination and creative genius of this multitalented innovator and creator of Kermit the Frog, Big Bird and other beloved characters.

This exhibition features 100 original artworks, including drawings, cartoons and storyboards that illustrate Henson's talent as a storyteller and visionary. Among the variety of exhibition objects are puppets and television and movie props, photographs of Henson and his collaborators at work and original video productions, including excerpts from Henson's early career and experimental films.

4 comments:

sim so dep said...

Thanks for posting this. Very nice recap of some of the key points in my talk. I hope you and your readers find it useful! Thanks again!

link wheel said...

Hey cool weblog, just wondering what anti-spam software you use for comments because i get lots on my blog. Anyway, in my language, there should not much good supply like this.

so dep said...

Wonderful learn, I simply handed this onto a colleague who was doing some research on that. And he truly bought me lunch as a result of I discovered it for him smile So let me rephrase that: Thanks for lunch! Anyway, in my language, there aren't much good supply like this.

linkwheel said...

Wonderful learn, I simply handed this onto a colleague who was doing some research on that. And he actually purchased me lunch because I discovered it for him smile So let me rephrase that: Thanks for lunch! Anyway, in my language, there should not much good source like this.