A few tips on kids and ski gear

Posted on 4:01 AM by

We're in the midst of our second trip to the snow this year, and I've learned a few things when it comes to kids and ski gear:

1) Dress kids in layers: Children are miserable when they're cold--and when they're hot. Dress them in layers. On the top, put them in a long underwear top, a wool sweater or fleece shirt, and a waterproof, well-insulated ski jacket. On the bottom, they need waterproof pants or bib tops, and likely a pair of long underwear.

2) Wool socks are a must: Tiny toes freeze without them. Soft, thin wool socks are most comfortable. Never double up with two pairs, or else they'll end up with blisters.

3) Pack two hats per kid: Wool ski hats get lost--on the trail, during lunch at the lodge--and you don't want little heads going uncovered.

4) Gloves, not mittens: This is one of the most important purchases. Buy your kids a quality glove that's well-insulated and fits well so they can easily hold onto their poles. You want a glove that's big enough so they can easily slide their hands in without mom and dad's help, but you don't want it so big that it falls off on a steep downhill. Wool mittens don't do the job.

5) Don't forget sunglasses and sunscreen: You need this stuff at the beach, and on the slopes. Sun reflecting off the snow is bright and powerful.

4 comments:

link wheel said...

Took me time to learn all the feedback, however I actually enjoyed the article. It proved to be very useful to me and I am certain to all the commenters right here! It's at all times nice when you can not only be informed, but in addition engaged! I am sure you had joy penning this article. Anyway, in my language, there are usually not a lot good supply like this.

linkwheel said...

I used to be wondering if you want to be a guest poster on my web site? and in trade you may include a link your submit? Please reply whenever you get a chance and I will ship you my contact particulars - thanks. Anyway, in my language, there will not be much good supply like this.

so dep said...

I used to be wondering if you would like to be a guest poster on my web site? and in exchange you possibly can embody a hyperlink your post? Please reply whenever you get a chance and I'll ship you my contact particulars - thanks. Anyway, in my language, there are not much good supply like this.

sim so dep said...

Well said! This was a really quality post. In theory I'd like to write like this too - taking time and real effort to make a good article... but what can I say... I procrastinate alot and never seem to get something done.