Do you remember the first time you saw snow?

Posted on 3:49 AM by
I don't remember the first time I saw snow, but I have seen the photographs of my parents pulling me around in a sled when I was about 1 year old.

But I will never forget my first trip to the snow with my kids. My daughter, Paris, was 4 and my son, Dante, 3. We were in Idaho and drove the kids to Galena Lodge, a community center outside Ketchum where you can rent cross-country skis and sleds, or sit inside sipping hot chocolate by a roaring fire.

Paris loved the snow. She rolled around in it like a frisky cat. She stuffed her mouth with snow, made snow angels, and happily tried sliding around on a pair of mini skis.

My son hated it. We set him down in the snow and he screamed. He didn't like the crunching sound his feet made when he walked. And he was miserably cold.

This weekend we watched another child see snow for the first time. We were in Truckee, Calif., just outside the famous Squaw Valley ski resort, for the weekend with a classmate from Paris's class.

When Lily first spotted the white stuff from the car she said, "It looks like there's whip cream everywhere outside."

Lily was so excited to run outside and touch the cold snow. She put a huge handful in her mouth. The kids built snowmen and had a snow ball fight, and the parents took lots of photos so it's a day they can remember.

Do you remember your first time in the snow? Or your children's first visit?

Image: UtahValley.org

4 comments:

link wheel said...

Your weblog is fine. I simply need to touch upon the design. Its too loud. Its doing way an excessive amount of and it takes away from what youve bought to say --which I feel is de facto important. I dont know if you happen to didnt suppose that your phrases could hold everyones attention, however you have been wrong. Anyway, in my language, there usually are not a lot good source like this.

linkwheel said...

I was questioning what is up with that bizarre gravatar??? I know 5am is early and I'm not wanting my finest at that hour, however I hope I do not seem like this! I'd nonetheless make that face if I am requested to do a hundred pushups. lol Anyway, in my language, there should not much good source like this.

so dep said...

I used to be wondering what's up with that bizarre gravatar??? I do know 5am is early and I'm not trying my greatest at that hour, but I hope I don't appear to be this! I might nevertheless make that face if I am asked to do 100 pushups. lol Anyway, in my language, there are usually not much good source like this.

sim so dep said...

It?s really great post..I have read a number of posts of yours, but this is the one that I like the most. So expecting some more ideas from your side.I would like to appreciate your work and would like to tell to my friends.Thanks for sharing;