Hot trend: Bus travel

Posted on 11:23 AM by
New York Times Frugal Traveler Matt Gross declared that one of his 2010 New Year's travel resolutions is it to ride more of them. Peter Greenberg wrote that they're a much better way to get around in the United States than trains.

Buses--they're all the rage.

They have always been the cheapest way to travel, but now they're even becoming comfortable. Greyhound just introduced new buses with wi-fi, electric outlets, and plush reclining seats providing tons of legroom. The buses are traveling along the I-95 corridor between NYC and Boston, D.C. and Boston, D.C. and NYC, D.C. and Montreal.

These new buses are also more fuel-efficient and generates nearly 3 times less carbon dioxide per passenger, per mile, than a hybrid vehicle.

Other options along the East Coast corridor include BoltBus, MegaBus, and LimoLiner.

Between Southern California and Las Vegas, you can take Orange Belt Stages, and in the Pacific Northwest, a service called Northwest Trailways travels between cities in Washington and Idaho.

Busjunction.com can help you locate bus services throughout the country.

4 comments:

link wheel said...

Excellent info here. This interesting submit made me smile. Possibly when you throw in a few footage it should make the whole thing more interesting. Anyway, in my language, there should not much good supply like this.

linkwheel said...

Your weblog is fine. I just wish to comment on the design. Its too loud. Its doing way an excessive amount of and it takes away from what youve received to say --which I feel is basically important. I dont know if you happen to didnt suppose that your phrases could maintain everyones attention, however you had been wrong. Anyway, in my language, there aren't a lot good source like this.

so dep said...

Hey cool weblog, simply wondering what anti-spam software program you use for comments because i get lots on my blog. Anyway, in my language, there should not a lot good supply like this.

sim so dep said...

David, I'm not sure how many other sites like this are up and running internationally. I think most of them are specific to particular countries, so they're a little hard to track for an English-speaker like me. I'd love to hear from other folks out there more knowledgeable than I!