Parents: Don't bring Play-Doh on the plane

Posted on 2:12 PM by
Tight security at the New Orleans airport cost one little boy his Christmas gift from Grandma, according to Fox News.

Flying home after the holidays, the TSA confiscated Josh Pitney’s Play-Doh.
"I had the kids and my husband was there with all our bags," Christy Pitney, the child's mom, told Fox. “Josh and I were sitting, getting our shoes on and, my husband kind of motioned to us and said, They took our Play-Doh."
"And the man from TSA was taking every can out at a time and putting it on a table, and Josh saw and he started fussing," Christy continued. "I tried to explain that those were the rules, but it turns out it’s not prohibited on the TSA’s website - so apparently those are not the rules."

Christy is right. Play-Doh is not among the items the TSA has banned passengers from bringin on board.
But plastic explosives can be camouflaged to look like Play-Doh, and a TSA spokeswoman told Fox screeners are told to use their own discretion.

4 comments:

The Coys said...

I nearly had this happen to me and my kids a couple years ago. The TSA agents told me it wasn't a good idea to take Play-Doh. I never considered it being a suspicious substance!

link wheel said...

Great write-up, I'm a big believer in commenting on blogs to help the blog writers know that they?ve added something worthwhile to the world extensive web! (supply roblox-cheats.com). Anyway, in my language, there aren't much good source like this.

so dep said...

Can I make a suggestion? I think youve bought something good here. But what should you added a pair links to a page that backs up what youre saying? Or possibly you would give us one thing to look at, something that would join what youre saying to something tangible? Only a suggestion. Anyway, in my language, there will not be much good source like this.

linkwheel said...

Glorious info here. This interesting put up made me smile. Perhaps should you throw in a few footage it'll make the whole thing extra interesting. Anyway, in my language, there are not much good supply like this.