9 things to do with kids in Boston

Posted on 1:58 AM by
1) Walk the Freedom Trail. Follow this 2.5-mile painted path and you'll pass by Boston's most historic sites including our country's first public school, Paul Revere's house, and the site of the Boston Masacre. You can pick up free maps at the tourist information booth at Faneuil Hall, where the Sons of Liberty once met.

2) Fill up on mac n cheese at the Quincy Market. Adult tastebuds will be tempted by the lobster rolls and clam chowder at this famous food market, but little tummies much prefer the creamy cheesy pasta served at MMMac & Cheese, where the stuff is made-to-order in a skillet.

3) Say hello to the ducks at Boston Common. In the oldest park in America, children love to get their picture taken in front of the bronze re-creations of the mother duck and her ducklings featured in the classic book Make Way for Ducklings.

4) Enjoy a tasty dinner at Picco Restaurant. The thin-crust blistery pizza are scrumptious and kids love the margherita with only fresh tomato sauce, mozzarella, and a little basil. Also try the homemade ice cream.

5) Visit the Boston Children's Museum. Kids can clamber up a three-story staircase, create a collage in the art studio, or blow gigantic pubbles in the science lab. Admission is only $1 Fridays, 5-9 p.m.

6) Savor a Cannoli at Mike's Pastry. Quite possibly the best dessert that you will ever taste, these Sicilian treats have perfectly crisp shells and creamy ricotta fillings.

7) Take in a bird's-eye view of the city. Along the Harborwalk, stop at Independence Wharf, where you'll get sweeping views of Fort Point Channel and beyond from the 14th floor of the observation deck. High-powered binoculors allow you to zero in on the planes taking off and landing at Logan Airport.

8) Hop a boat. Catch a Boston Harbor Cruise shuttle from Long Wharf to Charlestown Navy Yard to see the famous USS Constitution.

9) Cross a bridge. Drive across the Zakim bridge--it's especially beautiful lit up at night. This is one of the world's widest cable-stayed bridges and it's the the most visually stunning aspect of the massive Big Dig project. Kids will think it's cool!

4 comments:

Traveler said...

Great ideas! Thanks for sharing...

link wheel said...

I was questioning what is up with that bizarre gravatar??? I do know 5am is early and I'm not wanting my finest at that hour, but I hope I don't seem like this! I would nonetheless make that face if I am asked to do a hundred pushups. lol Anyway, in my language, there aren't much good supply like this.

linkwheel said...

I was questioning what is up with that bizarre gravatar??? I know 5am is early and I'm not wanting my finest at that hour, however I hope I do not seem like this! I'd nonetheless make that face if I am requested to do a hundred pushups. lol Anyway, in my language, there should not much good source like this.

sim so dep said...

Completely perceive what your stance on this matter. Although I would disagree on some of the finer particulars, I believe you did an superior job explaining it. Certain beats having to research it on my own. Thanks. Anyway, in my language, there aren't a lot good supply like this.