The Hawaii jar: My new way of saving for a trip

Posted on 4:13 PM by
Gone are the days of putting a vacation on the credit card. With interest rates skyrocketing and credit limits shrinking, it just doesn't make sense.

My daughter and I are now saving for a trip the old-fashioned way. We've put a big glass jar in a kitchen cabinet and we're stuffing it with money that will eventually pay for the two of us to go to Hawaii.

When I have extra change in my pockets, I put it in the jar. When I'm feeling depressed by the cold weather and wishing I was in a tropical place, I grab a twenty from my wallet.

My daughter is only 7 years old, so she's putting her allowance and tooth fairy money in the jar.

Photo credit: bb-shopping.com

4 comments:

link wheel said...

Can I make a suggestion? I feel youve bought something good here. But what should you added a couple links to a web page that backs up what youre saying? Or possibly you would give us one thing to take a look at, one thing that may connect what youre saying to something tangible? Only a suggestion. Anyway, in my language, there aren't a lot good source like this.

linkwheel said...

Glorious info here. This interesting put up made me smile. Perhaps should you throw in a few footage it'll make the whole thing extra interesting. Anyway, in my language, there are not much good supply like this.

so dep said...

Effectively, that is my very first go to for your weblog! We're a gaggle of volunteers and beginning a brand new initiative in a community within the same niche. Your weblog offered us helpful info to work on. You might have carried out a marvellous job! Anyway, in my language, there aren't much good source like this.

sim so dep said...

Thanks for the wise critique. Me & my neighbour have been getting ready to perform a little research about that. We received a great guide on that matter from our local library and most books the place not as influensive as your information. I am very glad to see such info which I used to be searching for a protracted time.This made very glad! Anyway, in my language, there usually are not much good source like this.