Chicken soup, just like mom made

Posted on 11:08 PM by
The plan was to walk from the Liberty Bell to Reading Terminal, an indoor market with food stalls dishing up cheesesteaks, crepes, soft pretzels, and a myriad other options. This is one of the best places to find a cheap meal in Philly.

But it started raining and we were without an umbrella so we stepped inside the nearest restaurant, Delicatessan: A Modern Jewish Deli.

I ordered a bowl of chicken noodle soup--at $5 it worked within our budget.

"You ordered well," our waiter said. "It's the owner's mom's recipe."

Everything about the soup was perfect--the broth was homemade, flavor and just a little bit oily. The noodles were thick, not at soggy. The chicken was moist and sweet. But what really made this soup were the sprigs of fresh dill.

5 comments:

link wheel said...

I used to be questioning if you would like to be a visitor poster on my web site? and in trade you may embody a hyperlink your post? Please reply when you get an opportunity and I will send you my contact particulars - thanks. Anyway, in my language, there aren't much good source like this.

linkwheel said...

You have the best cookies and sweaters. Knit and purl and Mom. For anyone without mom nearby there is the internet with videos, it can help too.

so dep said...

Have you ever thought-about adding extra videos to your blog posts to maintain the readers extra entertained? I mean I just read by way of your complete article of yours and it was fairly good but since I am more of a visible learner,I found that to be extra useful effectively let me know how it seems! I love what you guys are all the time up too. Such intelligent work and reporting! Sustain the good works guys I've added you guys to my blogroll. It is a great article thanks for sharing this informative information.. I'll visit your blog recurrently for some latest post. Anyway, in my language, there usually are not a lot good supply like this.

so dep said...

Have you ever ever thought about adding a little bit extra than just your ideas? I imply, what you say is important and everything. However its bought no punch, no pop! Perhaps if you added a pic or two, a video? You could have such a extra highly effective weblog in case you let individuals SEE what youre talking about as a substitute of simply reading it. Anyway, in my language, there usually are not a lot good source like this.

sim so dep said...

Can I make a suggestion? I believe youve obtained something good here. But what should you added a pair links to a page that backs up what youre saying? Or possibly you could give us one thing to look at, one thing that may connect what youre saying to one thing tangible? Only a suggestion. Anyway, in my language, there aren't much good source like this.