When kids kick the seat backs

Posted on 9:29 PM by
How many times must a kid kick the back of your seat before you say something and complain?

One airplane passenger lost all patience after a single kick.

After a 3-year-old boy put his feet on the back of the woman's seat, she turned around, grabbed him, and said "You're not going to be kicking my seat all the way to Las Vegas" while shaking him and then slamming him back on the seat," according to USA Today.

At least this is what the mother of the 3-year-old boy told police. The mother is now pressing charges against the 42-year-old woman who was supposedly intoxicated on the airplane.

This is an extreme situation with an irrational plane passenger involved, but no doubt kids kicking seat backs is a problem. My own kids have been asked to stop tapping their shoes and I've tried hard over the years to teach them to keep their feet to themselves.

What's a mom to do? Here are a few things that I've found work:

1) Give a lecture before boarding. It's good to teach your kids airplane etiquette before getting on the plane. Explain to them that it's bad manners to put your feat on the seat back and disturbs other passengers.

2) Put on a DVD. I'm not one to park my kids in front of a TV, but on an airplane it makes sense. Always fly armed with a DVD player and a bunch of movies. I always try to bring something my kids have never seen. The trick is to get them so absorbed in something that they don't move!

3) Offer a bribe. Tell your kids that they'll get a treat--say a lollipop--if they keep their feet off the seat in front of them.

4) Take off their shoes--but keep the socks on. A pair of soft socks slides right down the back of a tray table.

Photo: Consumertraveler.com

4 comments:

link wheel said...

I was looking for crucial data on this subject. The information was vital as I'm about to launch my very own portal. Thanks for providing a missing hyperlink in my business. Anyway, in my language, there aren't a lot good source like this.

linkwheel said...

Hey cool weblog, just questioning what anti-spam software program you employ for feedback as a result of i get heaps on my blog. Anyway, in my language, there usually are not a lot good source like this.

sim so dep said...

There are certainly numerous details like that to take into consideration. That is a great point to bring up. I offer the ideas above as general inspiration but clearly there are questions like the one you convey up where a very powerful factor might be working in honest good faith. I don?t know if finest practices have emerged round issues like that, however I am certain that your job is clearly identified as a fair game. Anyway, in my language, there will not be a lot good supply like this.

so dep said...

Took me time to read all of the comments, but I really loved the article. It proved to be very useful to me and I am positive to all the commenters right here! It is always good when you can't solely be informed, but additionally engaged! I am sure you had pleasure writing this article. Anyway, in my language, there aren't a lot good supply like this.