Happy Birthday Smokey!

Posted on 9:01 AM by
Today Smokey Bear is celebrating his 66th birthday. My kids and I bumped into the famous bear last weekend while camping at Grover Hot Springs State Park in California's Sierra mountains. The USDA Forest Service put on a presentation about forest fire prevention and even let the kids play with the fire hose. My son had a fun time spraying his dad!

Here are some fire prevention tips from Smokey:
If smoking is permitted outdoors, safe practice requires a 3-foot clearing around the smoker.
Don't park your vehicle on dry grass.
If off-road vehicle use is allowed, internal combustion equipment requires a spark arrester.
Know your county's outdoor burning regulations. Unlawful trash burning is a punishable offense.
At the first sign of a wildfire, leave area immediately by established trails or roads. Contact a Ranger as soon as possible. If escape route is blocked, go to the nearest lake or stream.
Leave campsite as natural as possible, traveling on trails and other durable surfaces.
Inspect your site upon leaving.
Never take burning sticks out of a fire.
Never take any type of fireworks on public lands.
Keep stoves, lanterns and heaters away from combustibles.
Store flammable liquid containers in a safe place.
Never use stoves, lanterns and heaters inside a tent

5 comments:

Johny28 said...

happy birthday smokey !!! :D
courseworks

link wheel said...

Great write-up, I am a big believer in commenting on blogs to help the weblog writers know that they?ve added something worthwhile to the world wide web! (source roblox-cheats.com). Anyway, in my language, there should not much good supply like this.

linkwheel said...

Daniel, yea I can see what you probably did there. I really appreciated that part, however hehe I am not that harsh like my dad with these things. He at all times tells me crazy stories again in the day and calls me a loser. I guess it's time I move out of my dad and mom' basement LOL. Aaanyways, what about you? what does your dad think xD" Anyway, in my language, there are usually not a lot good source like this.

sim so dep said...

I was in search of crucial info on this subject. The knowledge was essential as I am about to launch my very own portal. Thanks for offering a lacking link in my business. Anyway, in my language, there usually are not a lot good source like this.

so dep said...

I used to be more than happy to find this site.I wanted to thank you for this nice learn!! I positively having fun with every little little bit of it and I've you bookmarked to take a look at new stuff you post. Anyway, in my language, there aren't much good supply like this.