Sprit airlines starts charging for carry-ons

Posted on 9:35 PM by
Ouch! Another airline has just hit us with another pesky fee.

Today, low-cost carrier Spirit airlines started charging for carry-ons, yes carry-ons.

The fee, according to The Press of Atlantic City, is $45 per bag at the gate, or $30 if paid in advance. The airline has lowered fares by an average of about $40 to offset the fees, spokeswoman Misty Pinson said.

“It’s ridiculous for a carry-on,” Pat Spadafora, 65, told the Press. Her $300 fare between Atlantic City and Florida was no cheaper than the previous time she made the trip, Spirit’s claims notwithstanding, she said.

What does this mean for families? The parents are going to have tired backs. Your kids will probably no long be carrying their own backpacks stuffed with toys onto the plane. Everything will have to go into mom or dad's carry on.

4 comments:

El Cid Vacation said...

I'm quite surprised with the news especially I am planning to travel next week.

link wheel said...

Have you ever ever thought about including a bit of bit extra than just your ideas? I imply, what you say is essential and everything. But its bought no punch, no pop! Maybe should you added a pic or two, a video? You might have such a extra powerful weblog if you happen to let people SEE what youre speaking about as a substitute of simply reading it. Anyway, in my language, there will not be a lot good supply like this.

linkwheel said...

Can I make a suggestion? I think youve got something good here. But what if you happen to added a couple links to a page that backs up what youre saying? Or perhaps you could possibly give us something to take a look at, something that might join what youre saying to one thing tangible? Just a suggestion. Anyway, in my language, there will not be much good supply like this.

sim so dep said...

I used to be wondering should you would be taken with becoming a guest poster on my blog? and in trade you could possibly put a hyperlink the put up? Please let me know once you get an opportunity and I will send you my contact particulars - thanks. Anyway, in my language, there are not a lot good supply like this.