Always book when you find a deal

Posted on 4:36 PM by
My father was recently diagnosed with high blood pressure. How did he deal with the news? Well, he has changed his diet dramatically but he also decided to take the entire family to London around the holidays. He rented a house near Piccadilly Circus, and now he has put me on booking plane tickets for everyone.

The No. 1 rule when booking in December is buy early for the best deals. And so about two weeks ago, I couldn't sleep one night and I found myself searching Kayak, Fly.com, Travelocity, and all the popular sites for flights between San Francisco and London.

Around 3 a.m. an airfare for $498 RT popped up on Virgin Airlines. Woah! This was cheap. Everything I had found up until then was between $800 to $1,000.

Was I simply tired and not seeing straight, or was this hot deal for real?

I'll never know because I didn't book the flight and when I finally got my dad's credit card a few days later the rates had gone up dramatically: $700 to $800. Darn!

This isn't the first time this has happened to me. Often when I first start to browse for airfares for a trip I come across unbelievable deals. My new rule is that when I find them I book them.

5 comments:

Jojen said...

December would be one of the hardest part to book a flight because of the holiday season. We've been to Thailand for the Holiday, and 2 weeks before the christmas we flew.

mazatlan house rentals

Randy said...

You're right, I ignored my own advice and dawdled in booking an upcoming cruise and it cost us an extra $150.

link wheel said...

Can I make a suggestion? I feel youve bought something good here. But what should you added a couple links to a web page that backs up what youre saying? Or possibly you would give us one thing to take a look at, one thing that may connect what youre saying to something tangible? Only a suggestion. Anyway, in my language, there aren't a lot good source like this.

so dep said...

Incredible submit! This might help lots of folks discover out about this matter. Do you wish to incorporate video clips along with these? It could undoubtedly help out. Your purpose was spot on and owing to you; I probably won't have to explain all the pieces to my pals. I can merely direct them here. Anyway, in my language, there aren't a lot good supply like this.

sim so dep said...

You've got an excellent point to say about this subject, and so a lot knowledge. I believe that you know how to make people listen to what you've to say, particularly with an issue thats so essential. Im glad to learn this weblog. Great work, man!