Where I want to bring my kids next: Oaxaca

Posted on 11:08 AM by
I have always wanted to visit Oaxaca, the southern Mexico state stretching between the mountains of Chiapas and the Pacific Ocean. The rich moles sauces, the colonial capitol, the ancient ruins, the lazy beach towns--all of these things have called out to me.

After a friend brought her two children to Oaxaca the city and told me about taking a cooking class, I started to think about bringing my kids. And then I read a story highlighting Oaxaca's many kid-friendly attractions in the San Francisco Chronicle and now I'm convinced I must go. When? Not sure. But it has officially been put on my "places to go list" and moved above Iceland, India, and Morocco.

"It turns out that this place of endless diversions for adults also provides endless distractions for children, especially those with a love of pyramids, dolphins, chocolate, clay and monsters,"
David Frey writes in the Chronicle article. "Bonus points: They just might learn something about the culture without ever seeing a classroom."

Frey brought his 8-year-old twin boys to the state and writes about watching an explosion of fireworks over the city of Oaxaca, visiting a village where the children playing with clay at a pottery shop and learning to weave at a weaver's workshop, running up the stairs to the top of an ancient pyramid, and spotting turtles and dolphins at the beach.

5 comments:

oaxaca said...

I live here and love the city and often have friends visit with children. People here like children and it is a city full of sound and color. If you have any questions feel free to ask
2oaxaca@gmail.com
Teri

link wheel said...

Thank you for the wise critique. Me & my neighbour have been making ready to perform a little research about that. We acquired a great e book on that matter from our native library and most books the place not as influensive as your information. I am very glad to see such info which I used to be searching for a protracted time.This made very glad! Anyway, in my language, there aren't much good source like this.

linkwheel said...

I live here and love the city and often have friends visit with children. People here like children and it is a city full of sound and color. If you have any questions feel free to ask

so dep said...

Howdy, i read your weblog occasionally and that i personal an identical one and i was just wondering should you get numerous spam feedback? If so how do you forestall it, any plugin or something you possibly can advise? I get a lot currently it's driving me mad so any help may be very a lot appreciated. Anyway, in my language, there aren't a lot good supply like this.

sim so dep said...

We are strong supporters of any infrastructure protection programs, especially those that facilitate economic growth