Parents or flight crew: Who should keep kids in line on planes?

Posted on 7:01 AM by
USA Today recently surveyed its readers about flying with kids and asked if parents or flight crews should be stricter about keeping young fliers in line. Most emailed comments about kids being out of hand on planes "pinned the blame on permissive parents."

"In 15 years, I've never had an unruly child on board who traveled with a hands-on parent," New York-based flight attendant Heather Poole, told the newspaper. "Last flight, this little girl threw her body on the ground ... and wouldn't walk down the aisle to her seat during boarding. Parents just looked at me and smiled."

Honestly, I find USA Today's question a little ridiculous. Of course, it's the parents responsibility. It seems the bigger question is, If the parents aren't doing their job then who should?

Former Chautauqua Airlines flight attendant Joel Rodriguez, 25, told USA Today that crews can ask parents to "control their kid, but that is just opening a can of worms." Parents may blame the attendant or airline, and it can become a "he said/she said" situation, he said. Trying to parent another person's misbehaving child can be dicey, Poole agrees.

What should airlines do when kids are unruly and the parents aren't dealing with the situation?

4 comments:

link wheel said...

Properly, that is my very first visit in your weblog! We're a group of volunteers and beginning a brand new initiative in a community within the same niche. Your weblog supplied us useful information to work on. You might have carried out a marvellous job! Anyway, in my language, there are not much good supply like this.

linkwheel said...

Unbelievable submit! This could support a number of individuals find out about this matter. Do you need to incorporate video clips along with these? It could undoubtedly help out. Your purpose was spot on and owing to you; I most likely won't have to explain all the pieces to my pals. I can merely direct them here. Anyway, in my language, there will not be a lot good source like this.

so dep said...

Wonderful learn, I simply handed this onto a colleague who was doing some research on that. And he truly bought me lunch as a result of I discovered it for him smile So let me rephrase that: Thanks for lunch! Anyway, in my language, there aren't much good supply like this.

sim so dep said...

Hey cool weblog, simply questioning what anti-spam software program you utilize for comments because i get heaps on my blog. Anyway, in my language, there are not much good source like this.