Best places to steal a kiss

Posted on 8:06 PM by
I will not be stealing a kiss with my lover in some faraway place this Valentine's Day.

No, my husband and I have two kids and we don't even have a babysitter lined up so we can go out for dinner. After we get the children to bed, we'll probably spend the evening curled up with my laptop watching old Arrested Development episodes on Hulu.com. Maybe we'll crack open a bottle of wine.

And so it was fun to scan Lonely Planet's list of "best places to steal a kiss" and daydream about where we might go to celebrate the holiday if we were still young and in love.

1. Paris, France: Our ‘pecking order’, so to speak, would be incomplete without the City of Lights and Love. Without besmirching the other classic places to smooch, our favorite spot is Père Lachaise Cemetery.

2. Hershey, USA: This quiet township is home to the Hershey’s factory, which produces the famous Hershey Kisses- you can literally steal all the kisses you want.

3. Kissing, Germany: The act of puckering up was invented here, in 1808. We jest of course. The origin of this delightful moniker remains a mystery.

4. Kiribati: Island destinations are always a great choice for a romantic getaway, but this tiny nation of rugged atolls offers a little something extra. It’s just west of the international date line, making it the first place in the world to welcome the new day. You and your special someone could be the first people on earth every morning to kiss.

5. Kissimmee, Florida: Just minutes from the famous Walt Disney World, Kissimmee announces its smoochability via its name and is a perfect locale for a romantic stroll through its historic downtown or a classic fairy tale kiss at Cinderella’s castle.

6. Venice, Italy: Local legend maintains that lovers will find eternal happiness if they share a kiss while passing beneath the Bridge of Sighs on a sunset gondola ride.

7. Casablanca, Morocco: ”Kiss me, kiss me as if it were the last time” was just one of Ingrid Bergman’s indelible phrases that catapulted the movie Casablanca to cult status, and forever gave the Moroccan metropolis a certain je ne sais quoi. Gaze into your lover’s eyes and whisper “we’ll always have Paris” (see #1).

This list is from Lonely Planet’s 1000 Ultimate Experiences.

Where will you be spending Valentine's Day? Are you traveling?

4 comments:

link wheel said...

I used to be wondering what's up with that bizarre gravatar??? I know 5am is early and I am not looking my best at that hour, however I hope I don't appear to be this! I'd nonetheless make that face if I am asked to do 100 pushups. lol Anyway, in my language, there will not be a lot good supply like this.

linkwheel said...

I was wondering should you can be fascinated about changing into a guest poster on my weblog? and in trade you could possibly put a link the submit? Please let me know once you get a chance and I will send you my contact particulars - thanks. Anyway, in my language, there should not a lot good source like this.

so dep said...

Have you ever ever thought of including just a little bit extra than simply your ideas? I imply, what you say is essential and everything. But its obtained no punch, no pop! Possibly in the event you added a pic or two, a video? You could have such a more powerful weblog when you let people SEE what youre talking about instead of simply studying it. Anyway, in my language, there are usually not a lot good source like this.

sim so dep said...

I have to say, I dont know if its the clashing colours or the dangerous grammar, however this weblog is hideous! I imply, I dont need to sound like a know-it-all or anything, however could you could have presumably put a little bit extra effort into this subject. Its really fascinating, but you dont signify it well at all, man. Anyway, in my language, there usually are not much good supply like t