OMG! Legally Blonde in NYC!

Posted on 11:08 PM by

Paris and I went to the TKTS Booth in Times Square, where you can buy Broadway tickets at half-price, looking for Mary Poppins, Little Mermaid, or Lion King seats. Nothing available. Just before Paris burst into tears, I noticed Legally Blonde: The Musical on the list. I remembered the movie about a girl (played by Reese Witherspoon) who wore only pink. Perfect! We bought tickets and 30 minutes later we were sitting in the Palace Theatre on Broadway.

Turns out, the star of this high-energy musical, Elle Woods, is 10 times better than any Disney princess. The ultimate girlie-girl, Elle wears clothes the color of pink bubble gum and carries her chihuahua named Bruiser around in a rhinestone-studded case.

So how did my 5 -year-old daughter fare in a Broadway musical? She was completely and totally mesmerized and entertained by the singing and dancing. I don't think she followed the story line, which meant the few inappropriate moments--a girl called another girl "slut"--went over Paris's head. But best of all, as Paris said, "I liked it because there weren't any scary witches."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that blonde in the photo is decidedly ILLEGAL!

New York Hotels said...

Really great post. It is very good information for us. I visit New York once a month and bok y hotels through ECT as it makes my tour cheap. Anyways I will also tell this news to my freinds also.