Big cities on a budget rule #1: Pack light

Posted on 9:08 PM by
Hello Rick Steves! You have met your match! I have packed only one pairs of pants, two tops, and a jacket for an eight-day trip. Even you don't pack this light...

Our family of four is traveling for eight days and what you see pictured here is everything we are bringing.

That black roller holds my laptap, some other work stuff, a pair of pants, a pair of tennis shoes, pajamas, and two tops. My kids are sharing the ladybug suitcase for their clothing. My husband has everything he needs in that dark blue backpack. The Thomas the Train backpack holds toys for my son; the floral purse has coloring stuff for my daughter. And that's my black purse on the right.

Packing light is key on a budget trip. You can bring everything on the plane--skipping the pesky airline's luggage fees. And you can more easily take public transit--hopping off and on buses and subways is a pain when you're lugging around multiple heavy suitcases.

3 comments:

link wheel said...

Have you ever ever thought about including a bit of bit extra than just your ideas? I imply, what you say is essential and everything. But its bought no punch, no pop! Maybe should you added a pic or two, a video? You might have such a extra powerful weblog if you happen to let people SEE what youre speaking about as a substitute of simply reading it. Anyway, in my language, there will not be a lot good supply like this.

linkwheel said...

Completely understand what your stance on this matter. Though I might disagree on a number of the finer details, I think you probably did an awesome job explaining it. Sure beats having to analysis it on my own. Thanks. Anyway, in my language, there aren't a lot good supply like this.

sim so dep said...

I've to say, I dont know if its the clashing colours or the dangerous grammar, however this blog is hideous! I mean, I dont wish to sound like a know-it-all or anything, but might you will have possibly put just a little bit more effort into this subject. Its really attention-grabbing, but you dont characterize it effectively at all, man. Anyway, in my language, there usually are not much good source like this.