How to survive a red eye flight

Posted on 11:50 AM by
Next week I'll be taking a red eye flight to New York from San Francisco. I'm traveling without my kids so I wanted to spend as little amount of time away from my kids as possible and so the red eye seemed like the best option. But red eyes are brutal, especially when you have to attend an event, which I do, the morning you arrive.

For some advice on how to survive my flight, I pulled some tips from various articles:

Stick a "Do not disturb" Post-It on your headrest or window. Marie Claire

Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate. An airplane does not have great air circulation and passengers suffer through grueling dry air. Buy a couple of water bottles once you get past security and drink plenty of water on the plane when offered by the flight attendants. Bring your favorite face and hand moisturizer and use to keep your skin hydrated. Don't forget the eye drops and lip moisturizer. eHow

While on the plane, either bring your own blanket and pillow or use the airline's, plop on an eye mask with cooling gell, and you'll be amazed at how refreshed you'll look when you arrive. StyleHive

Window seats are best for catching some sleep, as there is something to lean against. You also don't risk being woken by a neighbor clambering past to get to the toilet. Seats at the front of the plane are the quietest. The worst seats are on the back row, as often they don't recline. CNN
Reset your watch. You need to start living by your new time zone. Reset your watch before you get off the plane. In fact, I prefer to reset my watch immediately after I board the last leg of my itinerary, as arrival times are always published in the destination time zone, and I know how long to my destination if I wake up and check the time. This can permit me to grab a few extra precious minutes of sleep. Johnny Jet

4 comments:

link wheel said...

I've to say, I dont know if its the clashing colors or the bad grammar, but this blog is hideous! I mean, I dont wish to sound like a know-it-all or anything, but might you will have probably put slightly bit extra effort into this subject. Its really interesting, but you dont characterize it well at all, man. Anyway, in my language, there are usually not a lot good supply like this.

linkwheel said...

Hey cool weblog, just questioning what anti-spam software program you employ for feedback as a result of i get heaps on my blog. Anyway, in my language, there usually are not a lot good source like this.

so dep said...

Your weblog is fine. I simply need to comment on the design. Its too loud. Its doing method too much and it takes away from what youve got to say --which I feel is admittedly important. I dont know if you happen to didnt suppose that your phrases may hold everyones attention, however you have been wrong. Anyway, in my language, there usually are not much good source like this.

sim so dep said...

I was questioning what's up with that bizarre gravatar??? I know 5am is early and I'm not trying my greatest at that hour, however I hope I do not appear to be this! I might nonetheless make that face if I am asked to do 100 pushups. lol Anyway, in my language, there are usually not a lot good source like this.