Should babies have their own section on the plane?

Posted on 10:03 PM by
A recent article on CNN.com on flying with children noted that some people think babies should have their own section on a plane--similar to the smoking section on a restaurant.

"The baby problem is easy to fix if an airline really wanted to provide tip notch customer service. They could issue sound proof baby capsules just large enough for the child to fit in comfortably. Have a sound proof changing room at the back of the plane at which parent child interaction could occur. Last, reconfigure seating so the capsules could fit under the passenger's seat. Mission accomplished. Everyone happy," one reader wrote in.

To me this seems preposterous. I flew many times with my children when they were babies. My daughter slept through a 12-hour flight from San Francisco to Paris when she was only three months old. She never made much more noise than a quiet little peep. When our flight landed, a passenger sitting a few rows back commented on how he didn't even know a baby was sitting so close.

Yes, babies do cry occasionally, especially when they are congested and suffering from ear pain--but is the noise any worse than the guy playing video games with the sound on?

What do you think? Should babies have their own section on the plane?

7 comments:

Luray va accommodations said...

This is a very good kind of topic and discussion and i do think that there must be a separate section of all the toddlers and kids and there should all the proper kind of arrangement for them as well.

Rejoice a pleasant Honeymoon bed breakfast in Luray, Virginia.

Crystal said...

I just traveled with my baby and there were MANY babies on both flights to and from Hawaii. A couple children cried most of the time but I was a lucky parent with kids who did well. Although my mother and I discussed during the flight that it would be nice for a dedicated "play area" for the kids. Even just a few toys in a spot they could interact would be great I think.
As for "baby bubbles", that person is NUTS and obviously has no children of their own! People with children deserve to still enjoy life and travel, just like everyone else :o)

Kristina said...

I think it would be great to have a kid-friendly section on the plane - not to appease folks that can't stand any noise from children, but to have the SPACE to safely take care of my children's needs! =)

link wheel said...

Howdy, i learn your weblog often and i personal an identical one and i used to be just wondering in case you get loads of spam comments? If so how do you forestall it, any plugin or anything you possibly can advise? I get a lot lately it's driving me mad so any assistance is very a lot appreciated. Anyway, in my language, there aren't much good supply like this.

linkwheel said...

Took me time to learn all the comments, but I actually loved the article. It proved to be very helpful to me and I'm positive to all of the commenters here! It is all the time good when you cannot solely be told, but in addition engaged! I'm certain you had joy scripting this article. Anyway, in my language, there usually are not a lot good source like this.

so dep said...

There are actually plenty of details like that to take into consideration. That may be a great level to convey up. I provide the thoughts above as general inspiration but clearly there are questions like the one you deliver up where crucial factor will likely be working in honest good faith. I don?t know if finest practices have emerged round things like that, but I'm sure that your job is clearly identified as a good game. Anyway, in my language, there are usually not a lot good source like this.

sim so dep said...

I used to be questioning in case you would be occupied with becoming a guest poster on my blog? and in change you possibly can put a hyperlink the post? Please let me know while you get an opportunity and I'll send you my contact details - thanks. Anyway, in my language, there are usually not much good supply like this.