Big cities on a budget rule #3: Walk

Posted on 9:36 PM by
My original plan was to spend the day in Central Park--it's the obvious place to take the kids if you're in New York and on a tight budget.

But when we stepped into our hotel room at the Best Western Seaport Inn and peeked out the window and spotted the Brooklyn Bridge, our plans quickly changed.

"Let's walk across the Brooklyn Bridge!"

It's was a glorious day. Sunny and clear. We could see a parade of people walking across the wide-wooden plank elevated above the bridge traffic.

From our hotel, we walked the 5 minutes to the bridge's pedestrian entrance and strolled the span of bridge. We took in spectacular views of Lower Manhattan and my daughter squealed when we were halfway across and she spotted the Statue of Liberty.

The walk takes about 20 to 40 minutes. We did it in 30, and my kids are ages 5 and 7.

Walking: it's free and fun when you're in a big city.

5 comments:

Voyage said...

Hi Amy,

I love this post on the Brooklyn Bridge. We have a beautiful video about it and other free New York activities on our site: http://www.voyage.tv/new_york_activities_and_events.html
Please take a look when you have a chance.

link wheel said...

I used to be questioning if you want to be a visitor poster on my web site? and in exchange you might embrace a hyperlink your publish? Please reply once you get a chance and I'll send you my contact particulars - thanks. Anyway, in my language, there aren't much good supply like this.

linkwheel said...

Daniel, yea I can see what you probably did there. I really appreciated that part, however hehe I am not that harsh like my dad with these things. He at all times tells me crazy stories again in the day and calls me a loser. I guess it's time I move out of my dad and mom' basement LOL. Aaanyways, what about you? what does your dad think xD" Anyway, in my language, there are usually not a lot good source like this.

so dep said...

I was questioning if you would be desirous about becoming a visitor poster on my blog? and in trade you would put a link the submit? Please let me know whenever you get a chance and I will ship you my contact details - thanks. Anyway, in my language, there aren't a lot good supply like this.

sim so dep said...

Hello, I saw a 3 of your attention-grabbing posted posts and wished to ask if you could be considering reciprocal pages? Crew have blog about alexis texas ass! Anyway, in my language, there are usually not much good supply like this.